1. Will there be side effects associated with taking MacaHarmony®? For example, will it upset my gastrointestinal system?
This is very uncommon. However, if you experience digestive upset consider:
• Decreasing the dose by half until digestive symptoms resolve
• Taking MacaHarmony® with food, then after 7-10 days try taking it between meals
• Including a probiotic to improve your gastrointestinal health
• Use Himalayan Crystal Salt and Sole therapy to assist in gastrointestinal absorption. Go to www.himalayancrystalsalt.com
OTHER REPORTED SHORT-TERM SYMPTOMS WHEN BEGINNING MACAHARMONY® SYMPTOM
Headache 1 in 100 people Reduce dose, usually resolves within 1-2 days
Strong Emotions 1 in 30 people Usually resolves within 1 month
Diarrhea or Bloating 1 in 50 people Usually resolves in 3-5 days. See FAQ above for more details.
Heart Flutters or “Feeling Funny” 1 in 100 people Reduce dose
Sleep Disturbances 1 in 25 people Reduce dose and/or take MacaLife earlier in the day
2. Can I take MacaHarmony® if I am taking Oral Birth Control? Yes. MacaHarmony® will not affect the contraceptive function of Birth Control.
Note: If you are taking Birth Control to regulate menstrual cycle or for PMS symptom relief we suggest stopping and only using MacaHarmony®
3. Is MacaHarmony® contraindicated with other medications or over-the-counter medications?
MacaHarmony® is not recommended for individuals who have been prescribed or are currently taking Tamoxifen or any medications used to suppress hormone production.
4. What if I have had a history of hormone-dependent cancer, such as breast cancer?
Although MacaHarmony® does not introduce any hormones into the body (rather it supports your body’s own production of hormones), it is not recommended for individuals who have had a history of hormone-dependent cancer unless you are working with a doctor. For more guidance on how to use MacaHarmony® in this situation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Can I take MacaHarmony® with my hypothyroid or hyperthyroid mediction?
Hypothyroid: Yes. We recommend starting with a light dose and increasing to a standard dose over 2 to 4 weeks. Initially, some women may experience symptoms associated with too much thyroid medication. If this is the case, discuss with your doctor the possibility of reducing your medication since taking MacaHarmony® may reduce your need for hypothyroid medication*. Changing dosage of your medications should only be done under the supervision of your doctor.
Be sure to take MacaHarmony® 1 hour before or after taking thyroid medication.
Hyperthyroid: Yes, MacaHarmony® can be used to support hyperthyroid however only under the strict guidance of a doctor. For more information please contact our email@example.com
6. Can I take MacaHarmony® when I am pregnant?
We recommend stopping MacaHarmony® once you have confirmed you are pregnant, towards the end of the first trimester, unless otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.
7. Can I take MacaHarmony® when I am breast feeding?
We recommend not taking MacaHarmony® until a month before you intend to stop breast feeding unless otherwise directed by your healthcare professional. However once the decision to stop breast feeding has been made we do recommend starting MacaHarmony® to support the transition into hormone balance.